Translate

Monday, October 30, 2017

Positively Monday and Some Musings

Another week has come and gone and now I am getting down to some serious prep for the coming week. I have a big project looming and the only way I know to get it done quickly is to just take one item at a time, finish it and mark it off the list. So this week is going to be pretty much a nose to the grindstone week. If I don't comment on you blogs it is because I am busy sanding, staining and painting, but I will be reading them as always but it might be at night, in bed, on the Ipad, with one eye open.

Musings:
This week was a low Mom week, even though I did see her multi times. The emergencies were minimal and she really did not keep me hopping every day.
Wednesday after class I had run by the grocery store and noticed my wedding ring was gone from my hand.  I retraced my steps everywhere I had been, leaving my name and phone number just in case anyone found it and turned it in. No dice.
Friday afternoon TheHub came home from work a little early and we headed to the lake. On the way we stopped at the Publix nearest the lake place to stock up on a few things. Before we left the house I grabbed my credit card from the kitchen counter (placed there after some Christmas online ordering) and put it in my pants pocket. After we shopped I was walking to the car and put my hands in my pocket. No credit card! TheHub paid with his card so I had not needed mine. I decided I might have stuffed it in my back pack without thinking so I stood outside the car and dumped the contents of the bag into the passenger seat while looking through everything. While I was searching my bag TheHub retraced our steps in the store. No credit card, but I did find my wedding ring which must have slipped off when I grabbed my billfold at the grocery store Wednesday. TheHub came back to the car and a good Samaritan had found my credit card by the car. (it must have fallen from my pocket when I got out of the car to go into the store). It turns out it was the same woman who was bagging our groceries at the check out. She argued with me about accepting a reward for her honesty, but eventually did. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It is wonderful to find honest people still live on the planet.
Son2 and Girlfriend2 came to the lake too and the rest of the weekend was uneventful, chilly, wet and filled with good food, football and board games.

Positives:
Both my ring and credit card were found.
The weekend was fun and restful
I spent little at the grocery store until we did the lake place stock up.
All Christmas presents purchased are wrapped.
The weather is finally cool (but it is supposed to go back to summer temps later this week)
1/2 of one project is done, with the Big Kahuna project waiting in the wings.

Menu Possibilities:
Mexican chicken pasta, brussels sprouts, salad
Chili, coleslaw, cornbread
Hot dogs, coleslaw, corn chips (our traditional Halloween dinner)
Vegetable soup, cornbread
Baked chicken, rice, green beans
Peas, collards, cornbread, sliced tomatoes
Leftovers or sandwich (Football night and TheHub goes to home games with Son2 so I am home alone)

Hope everyone has a great and happy week and a Happy Halloween.

23 comments:

  1. I am glad you found everything. Things slip out of my pocket as I get out of the car...shallow pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These pockets were not even shallow so I am not sure exactly how I managed to do it. I do know that 2 careless days means I need to pay better attention to life.

      Delete
  2. I am honest and would definitely have handed your card in, but isn't it nice to find out other people are too, especially with all the gutter press banging on about what a terrible world we live in. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have if I found a card also, but I never assume anyone else would. I think we only hear the bad news and no one bothers to let us know most people are pretty honest at their cores.

      Delete
  3. Okay time to get the ring resized and I too have had things slip out of my pockets. I think womens pants are bad for this. So happy you found both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ring fits tight on bad arthritis days so I guess I need to resize this one and get a plain band for the arthritis swollen hand days.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learned my lesson only heavy things in my pocket

      Delete
  5. I lost my engagement ring one time. I had it off because I was helping my sister paint and assumed that it fell out when I put my hand in my pocket to get my keys. She found it a year later buried in one of her flower beds. Not sure what happened, but I was very glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were very lucky! I was sick about the ring. I had mounted my engagement ring stones onto a new setting in just one ring so I was heartbroken to lose it

      Delete
  6. So glad you found your ring. The credit card is replaceable but a hassle so nice of someone who is honest to return it to you. Sounds like a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad that the lost was returned to you.
    Last week I lost my watch. I was certain it was gone for good. Two buses into town and a fair amount of walking. I got lucky. Folding up my shopping bag I discovered it tucked into the bottom.
    I hope your week is productive and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it was too. I just hope to survive the week. Productive is required, pleasant is optional though!

      Delete
  8. I wrapped some Christmas presents too! And I'm so glad you found what was lost!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is easier to go ahead and wrap presents than to try and hide them (since some stay hidden from even me). Thrilled about the ring and the credit card.

      Delete
  9. I was upset as soon as you mentioned the ring. Some things are irreplaceable. I'm so glad you found it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I found it too, but now I have to be a lot more careful

      Delete
  10. Luck was with you...and a few honest people too! Once I left my wallet on the top of my car while I was pumping gas. Then drove away. A fellow was driving down a busy 4 lane street in my city and saw my wallet and all of its innards strewn across the street. He parked and gathered up all my stuff, bless his heart. I realized my wallet was gone once I got home...just a few minutes later he pulled up in front of my house to return my wallet - the relief was tremendous! He didn't want to accept a reward either but I made him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that honesty is not the expected action, though I truly do think most people are very decent at their cores.

      Delete
  11. This sounds like my life! I am a shocker for temporarily losing cards and keys. I shove things in pockets or drop them into bags and then have a moment of total panic when i can't find it with a brief glance.
    Anyways, I'm so pleased it all worked out and I hope you stuck with the traditional Halloween meal, it sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fellow was driving down a busy 4 lane street in my city and saw my wallet and all of its innards strewn across the street.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you were able to find your ring and get your credit card back!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.