Translate

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Lemon fettucine




What do you do when you have planned on going to the lake but didn't shop before hand? If you are like me you shop your kitchen and see what you can pull out to pack and take with you since the nearest grocery store is about 13 miles away. I had seen this recipe at Happier Than A Pig In Mud, knew I was going to try it, and had everything on hand to make it, so it became the star of our game night meal.

8 oz fettuccine
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/4 + cup heavy cream
The juice of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan (yeah right, I used the Kraft's stuff. No fresh parm at the lake)
I 1/2 cups chopped chicken
Salt and pepper to taste to taste
parsley for topping. I would have preferred fresh but the lake place has only dried


Cook the fettuccine in boiling water until it reaches your preferred doneness. Drain the pasta in a colander. While it is draining return the pasta pot to the heat and melt the butter with the lemon zest. Once it is bubbly and liquidy add the cream, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. If the mixture seems too dry add a little more cream. Stir well  add the chicken then toss in the drained pasta. Sprinkle with the parsley, pass the plates  with additional parmesan cheese and let everyone chow down on this deliciousness. It was incredible and is going in our rotation as an occasional dish. (Actually we would love it just about anytime)

I served it with a side of steamed asparagus and a salad and there was not a single bite of anything left. It served 4 but  if I had not served the salad I think it would have only fed three. I am going to try it with either scallops or shrimp next time. Probably scallops since I really don't like shrimp and because I do the cooking, the menu is mine!


17 comments:

  1. Yum.
    My vegetarian self would have replaced the chicken with the steamed asparagus. And scoffed the lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will most likely make it and serve it with no chicken. It really was good.

      Delete
  2. I awoke starving about thirty minutes ago, something that rarely happens. The picture just about did me in! That looks so delicious, but I am not about to start cooking in the middle of the might. Yum. I would put chicken in the pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks SOOOO yummy! I have everything on hand (minus the protein) so maybe I'll make it and see how it goes! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. I rarely have nothing leftover, but there was not a drop of this left!

      Delete
  4. OH that looks so delicious! I wish my husband was a pasta fan, but he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shopping trip from your pantry! I like the idea of adding lemon, will try that next time. I truly love asparagus (hate it when I was a kid) but can see how that is the perfect side for this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything that has cream AND parmesan in it must taste like heaven on a plate. But here's me trying to lose weight and Christmas is looming large and you keep posting wonderful recipes. Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as you mentioned I keep posting and I wonder why the scale isn't moving!

      Delete
  7. Anne, that looks and sounds delicious! I need to get some cream and try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! I love the idea of asparagus instead of chicken, too

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cooking women inspire me! I made some chicken elfredo cheese raviolis the other day and took it to my friend in the nursing home for lunch. But it's kind of something that needs to be served as soon as it's done... But she ate it without complaining.
    This looks like something I could make and stick in a crockpot easily enough... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good! I think I am going to try it and substitute zucchini noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.