Translate

Monday, November 6, 2017

Positively Monday and Some Musings

Today begins a new week, new beginnings and no inspiration.  I am not really languishing but I am stuck with my wheels spinning, going nowhere. Some of you are probably more focused and deliberate than I am. I tend to start many projects at once where things need dry time or some other delay that is part of the process, and wind up with chaos until they are finished. Right this minute I am in the middle of chaos waiting for whatever the next thing I have to wait for is dry, moved, replanted, sold, painted, etc, while everything around me is askew. YUCK! (Maybe I spelled that correctly and maybe I didn't)

Musings:
I am heart sick about the event in Texas, just as I was the one in NYC and before that Vegas and before that . . . I guess that is all I am musing about today.

Positives:
I took Mom to a Christmas gift shop and she was less than thrilled with the store (and let me know repeatedly) but she did find a Christmas gift for my DIL.
I got the best picture ever of my granddaughter. You know those pictures that just make you laugh and the longer you look the more you laugh until you are about to wet your pants? It was not a classically pretty picture, but was one of her face in an extremely irritated state shooting daggers at them. If looks could kill Son1 and DIL would not live on this plane any longer. 
Alabama won their ballgame, Roll Tide!
I made a coffee cake and forgot to put about half of the flour in the batter. Instead of coffee cake we had coffee "brownie".

Menu possibilities:
Ham, cabbage and onion skillet meal
Chili, coleslaw, cornbread
Spaghetti with bolognese, mixed green salad
Chicken stir fry (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots) on rice
Potato soup, tossed salad
Random vegetarian meal (clueless right now)
Pork tenderloin, broccoli, oven roasted root veggies

I am going to do some heavy cleaning now so I can work and not think!







23 comments:

  1. There is very little focus here. Smiling at your possible spelling error.
    And sharing the heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something that leaves me with nothing but heartache.

      Delete
  2. I think these events are going to get closer together and more frequent and our hearts will be fearful. My house is a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not!
      I live in a virtual hard hat area. Nothing is ever finished!

      Delete
  3. I know the kind of picture you mean. They are worth more than the "pretty" ones. It will be cuter and funnier as the years go by. I feel stuck, too. I just need to get up and do stuff, like hang up knit pants to dry and wash crock pot so I can put stuff in it.

    I sobbed for a long time about the grandparents who had lost son and dil and grandchildren and unborn baby. I have grandchildren in TX who are in church all the time, so I suppose I was crying in relief mine were okay.

    I just need to get up and go slice the ham slice for supper with a salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have posted the picture but I will only share a picture they have already posted to social media.
      This is just mind boggling and horrible.

      Delete
  4. Just found you last week, Anne, and I'm happy I did. I used to thing I was the only obsessive who made a list of meal possibilities for the week, but when I was working it was the only way I could be sure to get a meal on the table. Put me in a kitchen after a busy day, 1/2 hour to dinner, and a blank mind and that blank mind stays blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you stop by Marty! I only post them as possibilities and usually veer off the plan, but it is there and if I am stuck a meal has already be planned and everything is on hand.

      Delete
  5. The whole mass killing cycle (what is the right word?) has got to stop. It is heart breaking. I cannot even begin to understand what is and what isn’t going through these peoples’ minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavy cleaning--that's one way to slow down your brain. Computer games--another way I employ sometimes. Maybe I should give the cleaning thing a try. Who knows what I might accomplish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computer games are much more fun than cleaning, plus when I deep clean I find stuff I don't need/want and then have to do something with it. The upside is today I found 2 huge boxes that will be fantastic to put the goodwill stuff in until I have enough to make a trip and drop it off.

      Delete
  7. Hi Anne! I bet the pic of your granddaughter is spectacular, those are the best pictures! Roll tide for sure, the horrors of Ohio State losing was something else here and for all my family back in Ohio. My fave team, Louisville, just doesn't have it this year. I mess up recipes all the time, but your "brownie" was pretty good, I imagine. Have a fun happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually mess up recipes, but I generally think they are simply suggestions. Sadly I know how much flour is required to make something cakey, but I zoned out and the cake was in the oven when I realized my mistake.

      Delete
  8. Better too little flour than too much. I made some cookies from my new Amish recipe book and they taste like flour cakes with a touch of sugar. I threw them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the "cake" was dense and chewy. Much better than too much flour.
      Were those cookies old fashioned tea cakes?

      Delete
  9. We have many pictures of the girls like that and they tend to be our favorites! LOL
    I hear you on the no inspiration front. I have been feeling that way too - especially when it comes to planning meals right now. Maybe it's the change in season or time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the funny face pictures too! Pip is ordinarily such a sweetheart and she looks a tad like Damien in the picture!
      I don't know why I am so uninspired but I am waiting for anything that will improve my outlook

      Delete
  10. I am sure shopping with Mom is a bit of a long drawn out process, I love Christmas but hate the gift giving part, that's the only part I find stressful. I don't even like receiving gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love gifts for children, but everyone in my life has so much and needs so little that gifts become an obligatory thing that loses all meaning. I am not fond of getting gifts either. My bookclub gives gifts to each other every year but we have decided consumable gifts are best.

      Delete
  11. My dad took a photo of my daughter when she was little that I have always called "The Look." Her eyes were flashing. Smoke should have been coming out of her ears. She's 31, and she still has The Look.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is great. I think smoke was coming from Pip's ears and her eyes were blinking red daggers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a precious photo of your granddaughter! :) I hope the day improved for you, Anne, and the cleaning helped. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.